As global citizens, it is imperative to recognize and understand that mass atrocities continue to occur in the twenty-first century. To fully understand what this means, we need to educate ourselves and our peers on the frightening scope of mass atrocities and their implications.
Explore this section to learn more about genocides of the past.
Take the time to learn why each of us, and our government, has the responsibility to protect people who are victims of genocide or mass atrocities. Browse our learning library, including books, videos, reports, and more! Learn about the history of genocide in the modern world.
Finally, check out our one-pagers on current conflicts monitored by STAND and United to End Genocide:
- Atrocities in the Darfur region of western Sudan
- Continued conflict between Sudan and South Sudan, which has led to a humanitarian and civilian protection crisis in the border states
- Mass killings in Syria
- Coming soon: one-pagers on the conflicts in Burma and the DRC
Are you an educator? Click here to see STAND's resources for teachers.
Blog - latest blog entries
- December 03, 2013Posted by:
- November 25, 2013Posted by: